CALL FOR Posters
The symposium invites posters from Ph.D. and M.Tech. Research (formerly M.Sc.(Engg)) students in their final year (i.e., students expecting to finish by the calendar year 2018) from the departments of CDS, CSA, ECE, EE, or ESE. Students will be nominated by their advisor. Along with a poster presentation, Ph.D. students will have the opportunity to give a 2-minute, oral presentation on their research.
Nominated M.Tech. (Res.) and Ph.D. students should upload their extended abstract in plain text, limited to 250 words, along with the poster to be presented in PDF format.
Further, Ph.D. students should submit their presentation slides in PDF format. Students are limited to 2 mins for their presentation. Submissions will be reviewed and suggestions for improvements will be provided by the reviewers. Students should incorporate this feedback and upload a final version of the abstract, poster and slides. These final versions will be available as part of the online proceedings. Incomplete submissions are liable to be rejected at the review or final stage.
- The submission should be done with the approval of the student's supervisor. Students must include their supervisor as the last author in their submissions.
- Students should keep the audience in mind (students and faculty from the Electrical Sciences Division) and pitch their presentation at an appropriate level.
- Presentations are limited to 2 minutes, which includes time for questions. Students should treat these presentations as lightning talks and cover just the highlights; invite the audience to your poster. We strongly recommend at most 2-3 slides.
- Guidelines on how to give a technical talk to a broad technical audience is available here. (Courtesy: Chris Godsil)
Each presenter will be allocated a poster board of A0 size, i.e., 84cm (33.1") wide by 118cm (46.8") high. Presenters should ensure that their posters conform to this size.
Please submit your abstracts at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=eecs2018
- Submissions of abstracts, posters and slides : March 25, 2018
- Notification and Reviews : March 30, 2018
- Submission of final abstracts, posters, and slides : April 5, 2018