- Ph.D. (High Voltage) IISc, Bangalore 1998
- M.E.(High Voltage) IISc, Bangalore 1991
- B.E.(Electrical) Bangalore University 1989
Senior Analyst, (1997-1998), Electromagnetic group, EMRC, Bangalore.
Lecturer, (April 1998 – April 2001), Department of High Voltage Engineering, IISc.
Assistant Professor (23rd April 2001-2007), Department of High Voltage Engineering, IISc.
Associate Professor (23rd April 2007-), High Voltage Lab, Department of Electrical Engineering,IISc.
Professor (23rd April 2013-), High Voltage Lab, Department of Electrical Engineering,IISc.
- Theoretical and Computational aspects of quasi-static electric fields and their application to real life problems
- Dynamic fields associated with Lightning discharge
- High frequency response of coils and windings
- Corona generated EMF
- Modeling of Lightning
- Lightning protection –
- Modelling of the attachment process and modelling of attachment to aircrafts
- Investigations on the Lightning Surge response
- Lightning generated fields in soil
- Simualtion of the strike to a transmisson line using a self-consistent lightning return